Friday, August 24, 2007

UFC74 - Respect

I'll be ordering the UFC74-Respect PPV on Saturday night. I'm planning on doing a play-by-play for each round of each fight on the Dip.

I'm a big UFC fan but I'm especially interested in this PPV since Josh Koscheck is fighting Georges St-Pierre. Koscheck is a fellow Edinboro University of PA alumnus and I was the Sports Information Director for the wrestling team during his 42-0 season when he captured the 174-pound National Championship.



It was probably the most exciting job I ever had and attending the Division I wrestling championships in St. Louis and Iowa City (the location when Koscheck one) were incredible experiences.

With a victory over St-Pierre, Koscheck should be next in line to fight the winner of the Matt Serra/Matt Hughes bout that concludes the upcoming Ultimate Fighter series. Unfortunately, Koscheck is still maturing as a fighter and relies on his wrestling skills a lot. This fighting style leads to somewhat boring fights and the UFC is not sold on Koscheck as a potential champ yet. Even with a win on Saturday, Koscheck probably will have to face off against the loser of the Serra/Hughes fight before receiving his title shot.

We'll be rooting for Koscheck at the Dip. Come back Saturday night for fight updates and analysis. Here are some pre-fight predictions for Pizza Parlor Derek.

2 comments:

Derek said...

Huh? These girls didn't even make out or anything? What's the point of having two girls on the internet if they're not gonna make out.

That one on the right kinda scared me. In fact she really scared me.

I hate MMA and Josh Koscheck

Paul said...

Derek makes a good point. The internet has spoiled us. Why would you watch two women give fight predictions when with the same amount of effort you could watch two women have sex with each other?